Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Quick Update

After almost 20 hours of flying, a power outage at the first hotel we stayed at, three days of orientation at Durshet lodge, and being caught in one true monsoon rainstorm, I am somewhat settled in Pune.
My roommate, Liz, and I are staying with this fabulously clever, amazingly talkative 60+ year old Indian woman named Hema, and are attending our first day at the college tomorrow. I have made friends with an Indian girl named Nupur, and she has sent me to all the best stores in Pune. So, now complete with a beautifully embroidered salwaar kameez and lots of bug spray, I am ready to take on this city. (As if taunting me,  the power cut off in the internet cafe before I could publish this post. Thank goodness for Google's automatic saving.)
More about food, culture tips, Hema, and power outages to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment