Monday, June 11, 2012

Packing List


So I’m cheating a little bit and am actually writing this on the plane because I ran out of time to do it at home.
I was allowed to bring two bags: a hiking backpack and a carry on.

Here’s what I filled them with:

3 skirts (all at least below the knee)
1 work blouse
3 v-neck shirts (not very low-cut)
1 pair of khakis
Lots of socks and underwear
Raincoat
2 light sweaters
2 tanktops for layering
Cold and allergy medication
Hairbrush
Toiletries
Make-up
Chocolate to give as gift to host mom and others
Folders with health, insurance, and travel forms
Laptop
Camera
Lots of AA batteries
Brita filter water bottle
Water Purifying tablets
Bug Spray
Kindle
Computer loaded with scans of visa and passport, music, and movies
Passport
Bathing suit
Jeans


But despite having decided on all these things to bring,, I feel like there should be more preparation on my part. I’ve been sort of lackadaisical about getting everything together. I think its because of the huge difference between this program and my previous study abroad in China. That application process was more complex, the term was longer, and I was younger.  As a result, I felt over prepared.  In this situation, the comparison is so sharp that it makes me anxious that I’m forgetting something important. So, I sit here on the plane torn between trying to go back to sleep and running through lists in my head of things I might later wish I had packed. So keep an eye out for a revised recommended packing list later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment